We've just completed our Handwoven Textiles ~ Florence to Perugia 2018 tour and workshop with a wonderful group of weavers. Such a pleasure for us and so many great memories! Here are a few photos. Our 2019 workshops and tours are filling up fast, with only 1 or 2 spots left. Please contact us if you'd like to register.
Bookings for our Milan Design Week April 2017 tour are closing soon!
For many, visiting Milan Design Week will be a once in a lifetime experience; it will be the first and only time they visit the world’s biggest design event. So why not make it the best it can be.
With thousands of events on offer and less than a week to see them, making the most of MDW is all about choosing the very best and forgetting the rest. If you've never visited MDW before you can waste precious time simply getting around and visiting events that may fall short of your high expectations. Visiting with someone who's been before can make all the difference, providing inside information on what to see, not to mention where to eat, shop and stay.
The week of the Salone is Milan's busiest time of the year, accommodation is highly sort after and rooms book out early. Much of the accommodation for MDW 2017 is now already booked out. Having stayed in different areas of Milan we've experienced some of the pros and cons of various areas. Here's our list of suggestions for where to stay during MDW.
1. Brera - Pros: Great cafes, bars, restaurants, design stores, good location to base yourself if you want to be in the heart of the Fuorisalone. Cons: Expensive
2. Centrale - Pros: Convenient national and international train and airport connections from beautiful Stazione Centrale, easy to access all MDW events and design districts. Plenty of hotels and traveller amenities nearby. Cons: Can lack the character on offer in other parts of central Milan.
3. Duomo - Pros: Beautiful hotels, shops and architecture in central location, close to Milan's main tourist sites and easily accessible to MDW events. Cons: Expensive and lots of tourists.
4. Saronno - Pros: Affordable, conveniently located between Malpensa airport and the centre of Milan. Away from the tourist trail, staying in Saronno can give you a taste of everyday Milanese life in the suburbs. Cons: Distance from the city centre, Saronno is a 20 minute train ride from the centre of Milan.
5. Osnago - Pros: The quiet, leafy towns and villages north of Milan on the way to Lecco and Lago Como offer a pleasant escape from the busy centre of Milan. Great value for money, more affordable than the city centre which during MDW can be astronomic. Cons: Distance from the city centre, 35 minute train ride to central Milan.
Better still, come and stay with us! Our MDW 2017 hotel rooms are already booked at a stylish hotel in central Milan.
See it for yourself, nothing beats experiencing the world's biggest design event!
Supported by the Designer Society of America
To celebrate the release of our 2017 Handwoven Textiles workshops and tours, we’re giving away a stunning silk and cashmere cotton blend scarf handwoven and handknotted by master weavers Museo-Laboratorio di Tessitura a mano Giuditta Brozzetti of Perugia, Italy.
Enter on both for two chances to win!
Entries close 30th November, winner announced 1st December 2016.